Prep Time: 5 mins • Cook Time: 12 mins
- 1 (5-ounce) salmon fillet
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups frozen chopped kale
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Rub salmon with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, 1 teaspoon of the orange zest, Dijon mustard, and all of the rosemary. Lightly season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the salmon in the hot skillet and cook, without disturbing, 4 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook an additional 3 minutes on the opposite side, or until fish flakes with a fork. Remove from skillet and rest under aluminum foil as you prepare the kale.
- Add the remaining olive oil, kale, garlic, and remaining orange zest to the skillet and sauté 4 minutes, just until kale is heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the cooked kale to a serving plate and top with the rested salmon.
447 calories • 28g fat • 15g total carbs • 5g fiber • 3g sugar • 10g net carbs • 36g protein