Super Food: Astaxanthin is a reddish pigment which gives shrimp their color that belongs to the carotenoids family. Studies have shown it to lessen sun damage and prevent wrinkles.
- P20 Lifestyle Protein Fusilli,1 pouch
- 3oz Large Shrimp
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Shallots
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Iodized Salt
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ¼ cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and add the pouch of fusilli pasta. Boil for 10 minutes and remove from water.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the shallot and cook until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the shrimp, salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes, until the shrimp are beginning to cook.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon zest and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute just until the shrimp are completely opaque and cooked through. Open the pouch of cooked fusilli and add to your skillet.
- Stir in your fusilli and parsley so they are coated with the garlic-lemon sauce and heat just until warmed through.
- Sprinkle with a touch of parsley and parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Nutrition: Calories: 432 Fat 24g Total Carbs 17.2g Fiber 3.3g Sugar 2.6g Net Carbs 13.9g Protein 40g
50% Fat, 16% Carbohydrate, 37% Protein