Prep Time: 10 mins • Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1⁄3 cup dried quinoa, rinsed
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 4 1⁄2 ounces frozen large cooked shrimp (about 9 shrimp)
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1⁄2 tablespoon of the olive oil in a nonstick sauce pot over medium-high heat.
- Add quinoa and sauté in the oil for 1 minute.
- Add the water to the pot and bring up to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and let cook 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil to a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp, spinach, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion powder, thyme, and lemon juice to skillet and sauté 5 minutes, or until shrimp are heated through.
- Fold the cooked quinoa into the cooked shrimp and vegetables and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
431 calories • 18g fat • 29g total carbs • 11g fiber • 4g sugar • 18g net carbs • 41g protein