Super Food: Almond flour is high in Vitamin E which helps prevent free radical damage that can accelerate aging and increase risk of cancer. Vitamin E has also been linked to lower rates of heart disease and Alzheimer’s.
- 1 pouch of Hot Base Mix
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp ground sea salt
- 1 tbsp Everything But The Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Add Hot Base Mix, almond flour, water, ground flaxseed and a pinch of salt into a medium sized bowl and stir together until the mixture turns into dough.
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Cover it with a second piece of parchment. Pat it out with your hands and then use a rolling pin to roll out the dough. You’ll want the dough to get pretty thin - about an ⅓ inch thick. Try to form the dough into a rectangular shape.
- Once the dough is rolled out, remove the top sheet of parchment and sprinkle with Everything But the Bagel Seasoning over the dough. Use your hands to press the seasoning down to help it stick.
- With the top of the parchment removed use a pizza wheel or knife to cut the dough into small squares about ½-1 inch.
- Move parchment paper onto a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 min or until the crackers turn golden brown and crispy. The pieces on the outer edges will get brown faster than the center pieces. You can transfer those that are golden to a cooling rack and put the pan back in the oven to bake remaining crackers.
- Let the crackers cool completely, either on the baking sheet or on a cooling rack. Enjoy immediately after cooling and place leftover crackers in an airtight bag or container for later.
Nutrition: Calories: 213 Fat 16.3g Total Carbs 7.8g Fiber 4.3g Sugar 1g Net Carbs 3.5g Protein 11g
69% Fat, 15% Carbohydrate, 21% Protein