Super Food: More than 50% of the fat contained in chia seeds are omega 3 fatty acids. This fat in particular promotes a heart healthy lifestyle given its proven protection against increased cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure, as well as proving a decreased likelihood of developing blood clots.
- 1.5 serving Plant Base Mix
- 2 tbsp sugar free Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
- ¼ cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 8 tbsp Unsalted Natural Peanut Butter
- 1.5 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a muffin pan.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large mixing bowl (leaving soy milk until the end). Slowly add in soy milk. Once mixture is smoothed and in a thick consistency, set aside for ~10 minutes.
- After mixture sits for ~10 minutes, transfer muffin mixture into muffin pan to make about 10 small-medium sized muffins.
- Once mixture is in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, remove pan from oven. (Put back into oven in 2-3 minute intervals until fully baked).
- Once bake is complete, remove from oven and let cool.
- Once muffins are cooled, remove 2 from pan and enjoy!
Nutrition: 275 calories, 16 g fat, 530 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g net carbohydrate, 16 g protein
41% Fat, 21% Carbohydrate, 46% Protein