Prep Time: 15 mins • Cook Time: 5 mins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 ounces ground beef (85% lean)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1 tomato, sliced or chopped
- 1⁄4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar-jack cheese
- Spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef, chili powder, and garlic powder to the skillet and crumble beef as it cooks, until fully browned, about 5 minutes. Drain well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill a large serving bowl with salad greens and top with sliced or chopped tomato, then the cooked ground beef, then black beans.
- Top with salsa and shredded Cheddar cheese before serving.
The black beans and salsa can also be mixed directly into the ground beef before topping the salad.
447 calories • 23g fat • 21g total carbs • 7g fiber • 5g sugar • 14g net carbs • 39g protein