Prep Time: 15 mins • Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 ounces lean sirloin steak
- Salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup julienned zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 large leaves butter or romaine lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Lightly season steak with salt and pepper, if desired, and place in the hot pan.
- Cook steak for 4 minutes, without moving. Flip and cook an additional 3 minutes for medium doneness. For medium-well, flip again and cook 2 final minutes.
- Let steak rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
- Meanwhile, place skillet back on the stove and reduce heat to medium-high. Add zucchini, onion, bell pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary and sauté 5 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir sliced steak into the cooked vegetables before serving all wrapped in the large leaves of lettuce.
You can always ask your grocer’s butcher to break up large packages of steaks when you only need to purchase one single steak.
449 calories • 26g fat • 14g total carbs • 4g fiber • 7g sugar • 10g net carbs • 42g protein