Prep Time: 40 mins • Cook Time: 8 mins
- Bamboo skewers
- 5 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup halved button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup large-chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup large-chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before preparing to prevent burning.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, toss all other ingredients to evenly coat the chicken and vegetables with the oil and spices. Lightly season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Thread the marinated chicken and vegetables onto skewers, alternating between each ingredient.
- Preheat a grill to high heat, or place oven rack in second to highest position and set broiler to high.
- Place on grill or place on a sheet pan under the broiler for 5 minutes on the first side. Flip and let cook an additional 3 minutes on the opposite side. Serve immediately.
441 calories • 24g fat • 19g total carbs • 4g fiber • 10g sugar • 15g net carbs • 38g protein